The Dutch Annual Virology Symposium (DAVS) provides a platform for young and established virologists to present their research. Traditionally, the symposium takes place around the first week of March in Amsterdam.
The programs of DAVS 2015-2022 can be found here.
DAVS 2023 - Friday March 10 - OBA Amsterdam
- Oral presentations (15-20 min.)
- Poster presentations
- Award of the 2023 KNAW Beijerinck Premium to an outstanding young virologist
- Award of the 2023 KNAW M.W. Beijerinck Virology Prize to an internationally recognized scientist
- Lectures by 2023 KNAW Beijerinck Premium and Prize laureates
Call for abstracts and registration
Abstracts are now being accepted for the 2023 Dutch Annual Virology Symposium (DAVS). If you wish to present your work at the upcoming symposium you are kindly invited to submit your abstract of max 300 words by email to congresbureau [at] knaw.nl. Include title, authors (underlining the name of the presenter), institute and e-mail address main contact. Presentations will preferably be given live on site, in person (not by video call).
• Call for abstracts opens: 14 October 2022
• Registration to attend DAVS 2023 opens: 15 December 2022
• Deadline for submissions of abstracts: 15 January 2023
• Notification of acceptance abstract: 15 February 2023
• Dutch Annual Virology Symposium: 10 March 2023
For more information about the symposium, contact Hans Sittrop, congresbureau [at] knaw.nl, telephone +31 20 551 0811.
The organising committee consists of Jolanda Smit (UMCG), Emmanuel Wiertz (UMCU), Monique van Oers (WUR), and Raoul de Groot (UU). The symposium is held under the auspices of the Royal Dutch Society for Microbiology (KNVM) and is supported by the KNAW Beijerinck Virology Fund (BVF).