The Dutch Annual Virology Symposium (DAVS) provides a platform for young and established virologists to present their research. Traditionally, the symposium takes place around the first week of March in Amsterdam.
The programs of DAVS 2015-2021 can be found here.
DAVS 2022 (online)
- oral presentations (15-20 min.)
- poster presentation pitches (3 min.)
- breakout and meet the speaker sessions
- presentation of the 2022 KNAW Beijerinck Premium to an outstanding young virologist, followed by a lecture by the laureate
- Beijerinck Lecture by Professor Jesse Bloom, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Call for abstracts and registration
You are most welcome to this symposium and you are kindly invited to register by submitting the online form. If you have selected to give a presentation you are kindly invited to submit your abstract (max 300 words) by email to congresbureau [at] knaw.nl. Including your institute, title and authors (underlining the name of the presenter).
The deadline for submissions for abstracts is 28 January 2022.
For more information, contact Bas Stiekema, congresbureau [at] knaw.nl, telephone +31 20 551 0767.
The organising committee consists of Jolanda Smit (UMCG), Emmanuel Wiertz (UMCU), Monique van Oers (WUR), and Raoul de Groot (UU). The symposium is held under the auspices of the Royal Dutch Society for Microbiology (KNVM) and is supported by the KNAW Beijerinck Virology Fund (BVF).